Just tweaking a thumbprint brush I created in CSP along with some other inking tests.
I simply couldn’t resist colouring the first page and settled on a muted palette with an added paper texture overlay to give it that vintage 90s Marvel UK feel.
I’ve uploaded my flats here if you wanna give it a go.
Inspired by PJ Holden’s thumbprint brush for CSP I created a very simple spiral brush to play with some shading. Gotta say it’s a really nice effect that instantly improved the solid blacks on this.
Just a wee colouring practice page cobbled together from old head sketches in CSP. I inked and coloured the heads individually spending about 20 to 40 mins on each until I filled the page.
A wee 2021 sketchdump… sadly, not much time for drawing this year.
Quite a few months between these but I had fun with the Audrey II sketches… Feeeeeed me Seymour!!!
Been feeling a little aimless with my inking this last year, a little bored with the lines I’m putting down. This page was an attempt to concentrate on pencilling again, to shake the rust off.
I really enjoyed colouring PJ Holden’s work last month and I’ve been looking for similar sketches to practice on. Colorist Jam is always popping up in my timeline so thought I’d give this month’s Cap a go. Spent about 30 mins on it altogether (including flatting for Clip Studio) using a conventional palette with a texture overlay.
Would’ve been just swell if he also offered up the flats too (just kidding PJ). I really enjoyed this, it’s prob the first time I’ve tried colouring someone else’s work and I spent just under 30 mins on it altogether. I produced the flats in CSP using the workflow from PJ’s Imagine FX tutorial and briefly considered exporting the file for use in Procreate to just go crazy with texture and brushes. I quickly changed my mind though and imported an overlay texture layer after I worked out my palette and added shading, etc.
Some inking practice in clip studio paint using the real g-pen (one of the default brushes supplied with the app). The aim of the exercise was essentially to improve my digital drawing by limiting myself to using only one brush. I love the default brushes in CSP and the real g-pen is one of my favourites. This page was completed over a couple of weeks by adding a few heads at a time usually for about 20 to 40 mins.
I had the urge to colour some of these and tried out a few palettes and added some rendering.
I’m pretty pleased for the most part with my work from the last few weeks, I tried some new working methods and I gotta say I’m really enjoying inking at the moment.
Started off the month with a #MonsterMayhem art challenge prompt. I began inking without really figuring out the structure of the horns but the colouring was a lot of fun and I even added a little noise to the background for some texture.
Kermit turned 65! YAAAAAAAAY!!! The perfect opportunity to try out Matty B’s big wet set in procreate.
I LOVE this set! there’s sooo much variety and the included overlay layers are just amazing, a real quick and easy way to apply subtle textures.
Here’s some quick tests using the set:
Big F@#k off Worms fan art sketches…
Fan art sketches of X-365 created by Neill Cameron.
Legacy of Kain sketches.
Current lockdown mood…